Saturday, January 29, 2011

Valentine Subway Art

I'm really into Subway Art these days. This is a version I did for the girls group I coordinate. I listed Biblical scripture references where it talks about these varying aspects of LOVE (you can download it here). I got the lumber from a scrap pile at a wood shop and had them cut it down into workable pieces. I adjusted the art dimensions to fit on the wood.
Here is what you need for this project:
A print out of the subway art, paint, wood, and Modge Podge.

Paint the boards any color for a background. It won't be seen much except the sides and back.

After the paint dries, MODGE PODGE the paper (printed on kraft colored cardstock or whatever you choose) to the wood. Brush over the paper with M.P. also. Let dry. Add a ribbon or other embellishments to the top.
Here is how it looks in my kitchen with my Valentine cluster:
**Extra Note: My friend told me that when she went to Modge Podge on this project, the ink ran. I am using a laser printer and did not have that problem. If you have an inkjet printer you may want to use a spray adhesive over the top and then Modge Podge. This spray glue comes in a spray paint type can and can be found at most stores. Be sure to let it dry completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment